Stewardship is about more than managing your money well. As a Christian, I believe that all we have is given to us from God. That includes our money and possessions, yes, but also our time, jobs, family, and even our skills and talents. Learning to manage all of those things well could be quite daunting if we were alone. Thankfully, many authors over many years have shared these beliefs with me, and we have their works to learn from. This is a list of books that I have personally read and recommend for their wisdom in various areas of life. It’ll start small, but will grow over time as I read more, so keep checking back! If you have a favorite book you think should be added to this list, please let me know about it at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the spirit of being able to personally vouch for all these books’ awesomeness, if I haven’t yet read your suggestion, I’ll hold off on adding it here until I’ve finished it.
P.S., if you’re looking for the all the books I’ve featured as part of my monthly review series, you can find those here.
Disclaimer: The book links below are Amazon affiliate links, which means I’ll get a commission on the sale if you buy one. This doesn’t affect your price, and the proceeds go toward this site’s hosting costs. Thank you!
- 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You – Tony Reinke
- Don’t Waste Your Life – John Piper
- Humility: True Greatness – C.J. Mahaney
- Messy Grace: How a Pastor with Gay Parents Learned to Love Others Without Sacrificing Conviction – Caleb Kaltenbach
- Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God – Timothy Keller
- Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity – Nabeel Qureshi
- The Intolerance of Tolerance – D.A. Carson
- Uneclipsing the Son – Rick Holland
- The Conviction to Lead: 25 Principles for Leadership That Matters – R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
- Loving Your Wife as Christ Loves the Church – Larry E. McCall
- Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together – Erin Lowry (my review)
- The Legacy Journey: A Radical View of Biblical Wealth and Generosity – Dave Ramsey
- Love Your Life, Not Theirs: 7 Money Habits for Living the Life You Want – Rachel Cruze (my review)
- Managing God’s Money: A Biblical Guide – Randy Alcorn (my review)
- The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness – Dave Ramsey (my review)
- Start.: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average, and Do Work That Matters – Jon Acuff
- Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done – Jon Acuff (my review)